Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crazy Day goes up in flames!!

I was driving home from the store today, my 3 precious children in the back seat, when the car stopped. I thought the engine had seized. I pulled over and put on my hazards. Then this mailman pulls up out of nowhere and yells, "You're on fire! You're on fire! Get out!" (I swear he was an angel!) I got the kids out and grabbed my purse to call my Mom, and not even 10 seconds later, the car was engulfed in flames, rising at least 6 feet above the car! 10 seconds longer in the car, and my children and I would have been dead!! These sweet elderly people were there, comforting us and standing with us the whole time.

Now I have to pay for the towing, and the insurance wont cover any of it, as we paid the car off last month and switched to basic insurance. Oh, brother! Thank God those aren't the important things! It all just helps to remind me that I don't want any attachments to anything here!! My children are alright!!

Mom has a great perspective on this: We need to be like that mailman, warning people of the fire, and saving them. Telling them to get out!

If you are reading this blog, and you do not know Jesus as your Savior, you need to give your life to Him. Run! The flames are there, and you cannot even see them. Turn from your sins and follow Him. It is not too late!



No comments:

Post a Comment