Saturday, March 17, 2012

Effects of the Fire

I'm sorry to still be going on about the car fire. It has been 2 days (in an hour) since it happened, and it's not really a big thing probably, but it is still fresh in my mind.

I haven't really slept since it happened. It's really weird, the way that emotions work. Through the day, it's not scary. I can look at it and see how God protected us. I am even grateful that He thought us worthy! But at night when I lie down, it's like a switch in my brain flips, and it's pretty scary. Every time I close my eyes, I see the car burning. Sometimes I'm in it as it burns. Sometimes I cannot get the children out. Neither one is how it actually happened, but both of them scare me like crazy. When I do fall asleep, I wake up crying or yelling.

I think the children (my little Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendigo!) are fighting off fear themselves. They are being awful to each other.

However, I do believe this car fire was a good thing. I am so thankful for things I was taking for granted before. I have seen God's love so much through this. It was more than enough that He saved us, it was a miracle that He got us out in time, but the fact that He then proceeded to provide for the things I was concerned about, things that were not nearly as important, is beyond me! I cannot even grasp how great a God He is to do all of that!!

And for me! I am nothing!! I am no great missionary or teacher. I am not famous. I have no human importance. But to the God of the universe, the One who created not only the smallest detail of the smallest child in the womb but also the greatest expanse of the greatest galaxies in space, saw fit to use my family this week to show His grace!!

As we go through the rest of our lives, I want this memory to burn clear in our minds. I want us to remember the fire. I want us to remember the importance of telling people we love them, and treating them right, but mainly, I want us to always remember that life is so finite. There is no guarantee we will be living even 5 minutes from now. there is no time to put off anything the Lord has called us to do. We MUST tell people of him. We MUST use our gifts. We MUST encourage and strengthen the brethren. Otherwise, we have wasted the time He has given us.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 - " We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed--"


Psalm 9:10 - "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You."


Romans 8:35-39 - "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



2 comments:

  1. Amen, Danielle! And I'm praying for you at night, hon. 2 days is not long, it was traumatic!! Love you so much. Oh and by the way, what was for dinner tonight? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Cavatelli, tomato and mozzarella, and salad! ;)

    ReplyDelete