Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 5: Goals and Obstacles

Day 5 of no sugar. I think I need to list my goals and obstacles here.

Goals: - to lose weight, obviously. Less sugar = less calories, right? I'm so sick of being the fat lady!!
           - to not be a slave to sugar any longer (not to turn to it to fix my emotions)
           - to re-program my body from it. I don't plan on never having sugar again. That's not a realistic goal for           me. I want to teach my body not to crave it.

Obstacles: - headaches and crankiness. I want to scream at everyone and stuff my face with brownies. (that's whay I have the second goal there!)
                 - having a daughter with Asperger Syndrome. The stress of always having to fight for her, and with her, is a whole lot. Short of God's grace, I could not deal with this!
                 - homeschooling. I love teaching my children at home, but having them here 24/7, snacking, can be difficult. Especially when I want them to finish up the sweets so I don't!!

My good friend Holly is coming for dinner tonight. She's bringing her scale, so I can see how much I weigh. I have not been weighed since my surgery, 2 years ago. I'm afraid of the result. I will not post my weight here, not until I lose it. But I do need to know, even if it hurts.

Tonight's dinner: whole roasted garlic chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, garlic bread, and of course salad. The children have chocolate cake for dessert. No dessert for us adults tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment